21 hours – three days
9:00 – 5:00 all days
All classes are taught in English
All classes are taught in Portland Oregon
August 27-29, 2018 – seven openings
CST – Beyond The Basics Class Description
This is the next step after CST – The Basics. It’s a general Craniosacral Therapy class for people who want more advanced tools for treating adults (not babies, not children, not pregnant and new mothers). The focus of this class is to gain more technical skills and weave those skills seamlessly into the fabric of our intuition and intention. This class is a required prerequisite for the General CST Certification.
CST – The Basics (or possibly CST for Infants or CST for Pregnancy Birth & Postpartum – ask me) with Carol Gray.
In addition, students must be licensed, certified or student health professionals (CNM, CPM, DC, DO, IBCLC, LAc, LDEM, LM, LMT, MD, ND, NP, OT, PA, PT, RN, etc.) or otherwise legally entitled to practice touch therapy. Students may also register if they have instructor approval. Ask me.
In this three-day class we will learn how to apply and refine the basic assessment and treatment tools learned in the earlier class(es) with Carol. This will include a mini-review of material presented in the CST – The Basics class.
We will learn how to detect dysfunction and restore balance in the cranial base, hard palate, floor of the mouth and facial bones. This class includes lectures, demonstrations and lots of hands-on practice. You will learn how to palpate, evaluate and treat the anatomical components of these structures if your assessment leads you there. In order to maximize learning success class enrollment is limited to eight students.
By the end of this class you should be able to:
- Demonstrate in-depth assessment tools
- Identify and treat complex cranial base strain patterns
- Work confidently and effectively on the hard palate and in the floor of the mouth
- Release restrictions in facial bones
- Demonstrate release techniques that work in various phases of the Craniosacral Rhythm
- Refine your ability to listen to the body
- Deepen your anatomical knowledge of the structures you are treating in the body
- Work from your heart
- Provide effective, healing CST treatments for adults